It is not unusual for trip plans to change at the last minute. However, please understand that Miles Per Mutt LLC may have turned away business in order to accommodate your requested services. Therefore, with the exception of severe weather, life-threatening emergencies, or a death in the family, cancellations with less than 3 days’ notice prior to your trip will result in you being billed 30% of the total invoice for the scheduled pet care. There are no refunds, credits, or changes to costs once pet sitting has begun.
With the exception of severe weather, life-threatening emergencies, or a death in the family, any cancellations with less than 7 days’ notice prior to a major holiday (ie: Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day and Thanksgiving) will result in you being billed 30% of the total invoice for the scheduled pet care. We request your understanding that Holiday travel is a peak service time for pet care.
Miles Per Mutt LLC requests one (1) set of keys at the time of the Pre-Service Meeting. Miles Per Mutt LLC requests a key for all pet sitting assignments, even if you have provided a garage or door access code, to protect your pet in the event of a power outage or garage door malfunction. It is highly recommended that your key is entered into our secure key system for future use, however your key may be returned at the end of service. Please let us know which you prefer. If you do not have an extra key to keep on file, we can have one made for a $5 fee, plus cost of key copy. All keys are given a number that is unrelated to any of your personal information. It is marked with a key tag and kept in a secured locked key box when not in use. If making a new key for Miles Per Mutt LLC, please check that it works before our Pre-Service Meeting. Leaving a copy of your key anywhere on your property for M/M to use is done “at your own risk,” and not recommended. If you choose to only give us your door/garage access code, Miles Per Mutt LLC is not responsible for any losses that you might incur if the Pet sitter cannot access the home due to power outages or malfunctions.
All pets must be up to date on their Vaccinations and proof will need to be provided to Miles Per Mutt LLC with expiration dates included. If this requirement is not met, your pet's reservation will be cancelled and you will be subject to our cancellation policy. Vaccinations must be administered at least 48 hours prior to arrival under the guidance of a licensed veterinarian. However, we prefer vaccinations to be administered 10-14 days before services to ensure maximum efficiency.
Flea & Tick
Flea & Tick
Billing and Payment
Miles Per Mutt LLC accepts bill payments through Square. We accept checks, cash, and card. Cash or check payments may be left in a visible location for us to pick up on the day of service. Invoices for clients will be emailed before the scheduled service.
Any pet sitting must be paid in full before or on the start date of the visits. Failure to provide payment may result in you being subject to our cancellation policy. Miles Per Mutt LLC is not responsible for any losses you might incur if services are canceled due to lack of payment. If there is an unpaid balance for over 5 days, Miles Per Mutt LLC reserves the right to discontinue caring for your pets until the balance is paid in full. Balances that remain unpaid for 28 days will be sent to a collections agency.
Terms and Conditions
1. Miles Per Mutt LLC agrees to provide pet sitting, dog walking and other applicable pet care services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives and releases Miles Per Mutt LLC from any and all claims against the company, its owners, employees and representatives, except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Miles Per Mutt LLC.
2. Client agrees to notify Miles Per Mutt LLC of any concerns within 24 hours of completion of services.
3. Client agrees to pay all charges accrued for services rendered. Client understands that payment is due at or prior to the time of the commencement of services unless explicitly agreed upon supplementary payment terms.
4. Client will incur a $25 charge for each returned check in addition to any and all bank fees attributed to the returned check.
5. Miles Per Mutt LLC shall exercise all precautions against sickness, injury, escape, loss, accidents or death of Client’s pet(s). Miles Per Mutt LLC is not responsible for sickness, injury, escape, loss accidents or death of Client’s pet(s) unless caused through willful misconduct on the part of Miles Per Mutt LLC.
6. Client represents and warrants that pet(s) are currently vaccinated in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
7. Miles Per Mutt LLC will follow the directions of the Veterinary Release Form in the case a pet should become injured or sick.
8. Client accepts responsibility for all medical expenses and other damages resulting from an injury to the Pet Sitter or Dog Walker, other persons or other animal(s) caused by the Client’s pet(s) or negligent act.
9. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Miles Per Mutt LLC in the event of a claim by any person injured or otherwise damaged by Client’s pet(s) or negligent act.
10. Miles Per Mutt LLC reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee of 100% of the scheduled visits for services cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice prior to the scheduled service.
11. Miles Per Mutt LLC reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if the Pet Sitter/Dog Walker/Dog Walker, in his/her sole discretion, determines that the Client’s pet(s) poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people or the Pet Sitter/Dog Walker/Dog Walker. If concerns prohibit the Pet Sitter/Dog Walker from caring for the pet, Miles Per Mutt LLC will attempt to contact the Client to arrange alternative care. If the Client cannot be contacted, the Client authorizes Miles Per Mutt LLC to place the pet in a licensed kennel with all charges and fees arising to be the responsibility of the Client.
12. Miles Per Mutt LLC reserves the right to refuse service to any client, at any time, for any reason.
13. This document gives Miles Per Mutt LLC and its representatives authorization to enter the Client’s listed address as needed to perform agreed upon services.
14. Client expressly gives Miles Per Mutt LLC the authority to employ a locksmith on their behalf and to promptly reimburse Miles Per Mutt LLC for all costs incurred in the event of a malfunction of the lock, keys or automatic door opener.
15. Miles Per Mutt LLC is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract.
16. Client agrees to properly secure the home prior to leaving the premises. Miles Per Mutt LLC will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit.
17. In the case of an emergency, inclement weather or a natural disaster, the Client authorizes Miles Per Mutt LLC to use reasonable judgment for the care and well being of Client’s pet(s) and residence. Miles Per Mutt LLC will make reasonable efforts to maintain service during these conditions but reserves the right to adjust the schedule of service based on the sole discretion of the Pet Sitter/Dog Walker/Dog Walker.
18. Miles Per Mutt LLC is not responsible for any damages beyond the control of the Pet Sitter/Dog Walker.
19. Client is responsible for supplying the necessary equipment and supplies needed for the care of their pet(s) including, but not limited to, a sturdy, well-fit harness or collar and leash for walks or in case of emergencies, pet food, medications, identification tags, litter boxes, cat litter and cleaning supplies. Client authorizes any purchase necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Costs of all purchases and related service fees will be reimbursed to Miles Per Mutt LLC within 14 days.
20. Client authorizes the use of pet(s) pictures on websites, social media and/or marketing materials for promotional purposes.
21. Client authorizes this contract to be valid approval for services so as to permit Miles Per Mutt LLC to accept all future in person, telephone, online, mail or email reservations and provide services without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
22. The Terms of this document apply to all pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed.